- session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- _cart, unique token, persistent for two weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- _storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite, if the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
What is a cookie?
When you visit newbie.com, cookies are stored on your computer. A cookie is a small text file stored in your browser to recognise your computer on subsequent visits. No personal information is stored in our cookies.
The information in your cookies is sent between your browser and a web server and includes information on user settings, login and how the website is being used.
How to opt-out of cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can either block all cookies, delete existing cookies from your computer or receive a warning before saving cookies.
A change to cookie settings may cause a degraded user experience when visiting our and other websites. You should also be aware that if you do not accept cookies, there may be functions on newbie.com that do not work
To delete cookies, go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> and remove individual cookies or clear your history.
To block cookies, go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> in drop-down menu under History select "Use custom settings for history" -> tick "Always use private browsing mode" and uncheck "Accept cookies from pages ".
To delete cookies, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> General tab -> Click Delete -> Cookies-> Delete.
To block cookies, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Move slider to the top. This is how you block all cookies. -> Click OK.
To delete cookies click on the Tools button -> Tools -> Clear browsing data -> Delete cookies and other site data -> Clear browsing data.
To block cookies, click on the Tools button -> Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Content Settings -> Click "Block all sites from storing data" and tick the "Block third-party cookies and site data" -> Ok
To delete cookies click on the Tools button -> Settings -> Security -> Click on "Show Cookies". Here you can either delete cookies from a single domain or remove all cookies.
To block cookies, click on the toolbar button -> Settings -> Security -> Under "Accept Cookies" select "never".
You can opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
At newbie.com a number of technical cookies are in place that are necessary for handling the functionality in several areas at newbie.com. These are the cookies that are stored when you log into newbie.com and cookies stored to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, favourites etc.